THUNDERSTORM OF FEELINGS
SIMPLE IDEAS HAVE BIG IMPACT
Open Class Discussion
- Focus on role emotions play in behavior
- Ask your class to raise their hands if they have ever been in a thunderstorm.
- Ask them to share what they did during the storm and what did they feel.
- If they were scared, did they hide under the covers, did they run into their parents room?
- How about the kids who were excited. Did they look out the window?
- Did they watch the radar on TV to see how close it was?
These are examples of the linkage on how emotions drive behavior.